Friday, July 17, 2009

I'm going to die

This morning I woke up and felt like I was going to die. There are days when I am convinced that something has beaten the tar out of me while I slept. (Dave denies it every time I ask him.) As my morning progressed, so did a severe stomach ache. All morning long, I have been moaning (inside my head) about how convinced I am that today will be the day I die. Oh, also, my mother called me and I wimpered on and on about how miserable I feel.

At some point during this afternoon, I recalled how Dave and I decided a few weeks ago to sponsor a Compassion Child. So I went to Compassion's website and started looking at kids from Africa. And then I really felt like I would die....how do you choose which one to sponsor? Which child deserves a chance at something different -- but at the expense of another? The button to 'Select this Child' was haunting me. I was also feeling completely shameful of my whining and bemoaning this morning. I'm such a jerk too often.

So, this is our newest family member: Esther

You can sponsor your own child, from anywhere in the world, for $38/month and provide that child with food, clean water, medical care, educational opportunities, important life skill training, and teachings about Jesus Christ by clicking here to go to Compassion.com.

0 comments: